As I tackled cleaning out my closet, I had a little bit of a problem. I realized that about 8 months ago I had gone through my closet, and I was brutal. So I knew going into this I wasn’t going to have another 3 bags of clothes to give away. I ended up with about a garbage bag full of clothes plus the very filled bag of shoes that I will be giving away on Thursday. I will be taking you through my process I went through when going through my clothes.
1. I pulled out only a section at a time so I wouldn’t get overwhelmed.
2. I tried on each individual piece that I own with the exception of a few items that I have just wore in the last 2 weeks.
I then asked myself, a few questions as I looked at myself in the mirror.
1. Does it fit?
2. Do I think I look good in it?
3. Is it in good condition or has it seen better days?
The last few thoughts I have before making my decision and it’s an important one ladies…..
4. Do I like this piece of clothing?
5. Have I worn this item in the last year?
6. Will I wear this in the next year?
I have to be this brutal because I tend to “hoard” my clothes. I’ll hold onto things from college and high school. Now, I do have some things from way back then, but I do actually wear them.
That is all ladies! There will be only a couple more posts in the Spring Cleaning Series. What would you like to see as the next series? What will you like to see me talk about next? I welcome any suggestions. Have a great rest of the week!